Monday, 19 April 2010

Why did no one tell me a half marathon was THIRTEEN MILES?!

I couldn't update last night so here is what happened Saturday ;

I woke up, grabbed a banana and munched it on the way to the gym. It was raining and I really wasn't feeling the walk up, but I managed to force myself with the aid of my trusty banana and my i-pod :)

I LOVE bananas!

At the gym I was in a bit of a rush to get home by 10.30 so had to have a short workout. I managed ;

BIKE ; 2 miles in 11 minutes burning 73 calories.
TREADMILL ; 0.50 miles in 10 and a half minutes burning 52 calories.
then back to the
BIKE ; 0.50 miles in 3 minutes burning 18 calories.

I was barely sweating by the time I left but had to pack, make lunch and get a bus so had no choice but to leave. The fact I didn't WANT to leave is good, though!

When I got home I had a delicious breakfast of bran flakes and banana with skimmed milk ;



It was GORGEOUS. I love bran flakes. And bananas. Together? Wow! :)

I made my lunch to take with me to eat on the bus, packed my bag and got changed.

We then walked into town and I got on my bus (after waiting an hour since I'd missed one!)

Ten minutes into the bus ride it was lunch time so I went into my bag to find... I'd forgot to pack my lunch. Luckily I had some WW biscuits but...I'd been looking forward to my ham salad sandwhich and apple and I never feel right if I skip lunch... ach well, the biscuits were okay ;


I headed straight to my Mums when I got off the bus and, thankfully, it was dinner time by then! I had Chicken Bolognaise with some garlic bread (lucky I didn't have lunch really, eh?)


It was lovely!

Between dinnertime (3.30ish, early because Mum was going out) and when they came in at 1am I had two sandwhiches (see? If I miss lunch I'm ravenous all day!)

One corned beef ;


And one with chicken paste (I love it!) and low-fat-cheese-spread ;


Then went to bed at around 1.30








///////////


I woke up on Sunday morning and done 30 sit ups and 5 left crunches and 5 right crunches. Not many but I'm a bit achey from the past two days of my body getting used to the gym again and Beth came and started trying to stand on me halfway through...

Then I had breakfast which was toast and a bit of Flora ;

And then my Dad picked me up and we went to his. He tried to tempt/tease me with chocolate and crisps and pies and all sorts, but I had a nice lunch planned and wasn't about to ruin my hard work the past two days. I had a banana ;



I went into town to meet Dean and had a lovely lunch - a bit of a treat, but oh well. It was a Chicken and Vegetable pasty from Piemaker. Yum!



Then we walked around Edinburgh for ages. Then we went to wait at the bus station for my bus and on the way I bought him a Chocco Rocco at Millies and got myself a Hazelnut Latte - we drunk them in the bus station with two WW cookies each ;


Then I got home a few hours later and had my dinner ;

That's that for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment